ADAM (Academy of Design Arts & Media) is a part of 1Summit Global.
Please click here
Provide Advance Para-counselling Support
Course Duration: 24 hours, including 1 hours of assessment
Mode of Assessment: Written Assessment & Others
Attendance Requirements: 100% for classroom and Assessment
Course Completion Requirements: Meeting Attendance Requirement and graded as COMPETENT for Assessment
This course will address the gaps, to support the implementation of appropriate para-counselling approaches for those who wish to provide support to peers within their organisations. In addition, it is also for those who may wish to enter the social service sector.
The learning outcomes are as follows:
1. Learners are able to apply a Person-Centred approach to interacting with client using Egan’s Skilled Helper Model.
2. Learners are able to apply the principles and procedures of staff confidentiality and informed consent when dealing with client.
3. Learners are able to uncover client’s stories in the Explore Concern Stage and apply probing and counselling techniques to determine underlying issues to a problem faced by clients.
4. Learners are able to demonstrate the use of Motivational Interviewing techniques as well as probing techniques in their interaction with clients to determine underlying issues to a problem faced by clients and to broaden their perspectives and consider possibilities which they may not be aware of previously.
5. Learners are able to facilitate goal setting by clients and the use of active listening skills and probing techniques will be used to help clients craft their desired outcomes or goals and what the coming sessions will focus on.
Volunteer Executives, Volunteers ,Staff Ambassadors, Grassroot Volunteers, Community Care Ambassadors, Senior HR Executives, Managers/Supervisors across sectors as well as new entrants to Social Service Sectors
Minimum Entry Requirements:
• At least 21 years old
• Minimum Secondary GCE “N” level with 3 passes
• Minimum proficiency level of the Employability Skills Workforce Skills Qualification Workplace Literacy (WPL) Level 5
• Adults returning to the workforce or mid-career change workers who are keen to join the Social Service industry
• Candidates who have attained an SOA for “ Provide Basic Para-counselling Support” of TSC SSC-CAR-1004-1.1.
Cash/Nets at any of our 3 branches
Cheque made payable to Wong Fong Academy Pte Ltd
PayNow to UEN 201110331W
Bank Transfer/GIRO details as below:
- BANK NAME : United Overseas Bank Limited
- ACCOUNT NUMBER : 450-302-829-2
- ACCOUNT HOLDER : Wong Fong Academy Pte Ltd
- BANK CODE : 7375
- BRANCH CODE : 001
- SWIFT CODE : UOVBSGSGXXX
Please remember to indicate booking number at the remarks column when payment is done by Paynow, Bank Transfer and/or GIRO.
All payment can be made on the day of course commencement at the reception counter. Cheque payment can be mailed to 79 Joo Koon Circle Singapore (629107) at least 3 working days prior to course commencement. Please remember to indicate the booking number at the back of the cheque. We do not accept foreign cheques and money orders.
This course is applicable for SkillsFuture Funding up to 70%*
Please go to www.skillsfuture.gov.sg or call WFA/YellowGlee at 68633686 for more information.
*From 1 Jan 2022, SkillsFuture course funding will be revised to a baseline of 50% subsidy, with an additional 20% subsidy (up to 70% subsidy) for SMEs and Mid-career individuals (Singapore citizens above 40 years old) . Do note that the funding amount advised is not final and is subject to changes.
If you are a Singaporean aged 25 and above, you can choose to use your SkillsFuture Credit to offset the payment for this course. Visit the SkillsFuture Credit website www.skillsfuture.sg/credit to choose from the wide range of approved skills-related courses available on the SkillsFuture Credit course directory.
Candidates who have completed and certified competent will receive a Statement of Attainment